Cloud Professional Services
Deliver transformative business outcomes with end-to-end advisory and managed services.
Cloud is a game-changer, but only if done right. It’s more than just the outsourcing of infrastructure; it’s a reinvention of your business models, processes, and structures. Your applications need to be cloud-native, not just cloud-hosted. And it needs to be considered holistically from the core to edge, particularly when it comes to security, governance, and operations.
We’ve designed our cloud professional services portfolio with this holistic approach in mind, and have assembled a world-class team spanning a wide range of specialisations. So whether you’re taking your first step to the cloud or enhancing your digital strategy, you’ll always be one step ahead of the competition.
• Cloud transformation strategies
• Infrastructure and organisation capability assessment
• Governance compliance guardrails
• Training and communications
• Managed security for cloud transformation
• Multi-cloud security
• Risk mitigation strategies
• Security awareness, threat mitigation, cybersecurity control and response
• Identity and access management
• Secure multi-cloud backup and disaster recovery
• Infrastructure and architecture design
• Workload environment design and rollout
• Backup and disaster recovery planning
• Migration of appropriate on-premise workloads to the cloud
• Managed cloud operations based on industry best practices
• Cloud operation training and certifications
• Incident and service management
• Continuous Improvement
• 24/7 monitoring and support via Maxis Cloud network operations centre (NOC)
• Application portfolio analysis
• Application modernisation strategy
• Application migration prioritisation and dependency mapping
• Testing and deployment
• Cloud native app modernisation (microservices architecture)
• DevOps services
No matter where you are on your cloud journey, you can count on us to take you further. Maxis is the only converged provider of AWS and Azure services in Malaysia – with strong partnerships with both cloud providers and a fast-growing pool of certified professionals – giving you access to both connectivity and cloud services in one managed service.
In the short months since Covid-19 was declared a pandemic, the world has changed almost beyond recognition, and so has its needs to adapt. From quarantines to lockdowns to Malaysia’s movement control order (MCO), nations worldwide enforced social distancing by limiting access in places crowds used to congregate. Overnight, activities that used to take place outside the home – shopping, entertainment, meals, exercise, school, even medical consultations – became things we did online.
Cloud has become a familiar term even among non-technical users. However, many are still likely to think of it mainly as a place where data is kept, when, in reality, cloud has evolved to become so much more.
This region has been slower than others in adopting cloud, which means now cloud providers are now fighting for dominance. Investment in Asia’s cloud infrastructure reached US$98 billion (RM417 billion) in 2019, an amount expected to double by 2025. This investment is in large part due to expected demand from small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
In our previous article, we took a closer look at the three cloud providers who between them command over 50% of the market. While still largely known for providing public cloud services – space, software and platforms that are available to anyone who wants to use them— all three offers private cloud solutions as well.
Cloud adoption is both more complicated and simpler than most companies expect. While cloud providers make it easy for you to sign up to their services, their fee structures can be complicated, as can the fine print for migrating out to another cloud provider down the line.