A Powerful Roadmap for eCommerce Success
Activating a plan based on your business’s online maturity level
Developing a roadmap provides a linkage between a business’s eCommerce strategy (the why) and the activities undertaken (the what). This keeps stakeholders aligned and the project on track.To ensure your business’s roadmap charts an effective course, ask yourself these questions:
- What industry am I in and does my business follow a B2B or B2C model?
- Do I have a prominent online presence? Does my business have a web store, participate in an online marketplace or only operate via social media?
- How many B2C retail outlets do I currently own?
- What is my average online order transactions per week?
- What is my average online sales value per week?
- What is my budget for this digitalisation plan?
Before taking your business forward, identify your eCommerce maturity level and the gaps in your marketing efforts in order to develop actionable and aligned strategies.
You may be at the start of your eCommerce journey, operating a brick-and-mortar store without an online presence, and in need of educational resources and direction.
If you already operate a brick-and-mortar store, you will likely be concerned with how to take your business online, particularly in regards to the implementation such as the stages and scope, risk management and milestones. In light of the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the consequent rise in online shopping, it is critical that your business is visible online and up and running as quickly as possible.Businesses without an online presence typically begin with a branded store in an online marketplace.
This enables them to leverage on the existing high volume of traffic and learn what sells online effectively. The drawback, however, is the lack of ownership of customer data which prevents businesses from gathering valuable insight on consumer behaviour. Without this, they are unable to build customer loyalty nor make data-driven decisions.
You have been running your online business for some time and relying on the presence you have developed in an online marketplace only.
Download the full eBook to find out:
- Why you should have your own branded web store
- How to identify the right audience and drive traffic to your online store with digital marketing
- How to use insights to optimise business results
Download the PDF version below.