Domestic Toll-Free Services
You should consider the location of your customers:
- If most of your customers are located in the domestic market, you should opt for the Domestic Freefone or Localfone service.
- If most of your customers are from the international market, you should opt for the International Inbound Tollfree (ITFS) service or Universal Inbound Freefone Number(UIFN) service.
Maxis offers two types of Domestic Toll-Free services where the company who subscribes will pay for the calls being received:
Domestic Freefone 1800 82 XXXX – Caller makes calls for FREE.
Localfone 1300 82 XXXX – Caller pays local call charges as charged by the callers’ respective service provider.
You will want to think about whether you need a dedicated or sharing voice channels for large call volumes. There are several key points that you must consider:
- Number of staff or agents used to receive these incoming calls;
- Number of hours/day; Number of working days that this call centre or unit will be receiving calls.
- If the toll-free number begins with 1 800 82, it belongs to our Domestic Freefone service.
- If the toll-free number begins with 1 300 82, it belongs to our Localfone service.
Note : 82 denotes that Maxis is the service provider.
Domestic Toll-Free services are supplementary to Maxis' main voice services. You must first be subscribed to either the ISDN PRI, Business Telephone services, VoiceConnect, VoiceSIP or Managed UC services in order to be able to subscribe to our Domestic Toll-Free services.
Your Domestic Toll-Free service will be provided within 3 working days after submission of a complete Registration Form and where the Maxis Main Service is already active.